Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's already the sixth day in 2011. I am truly thrilled to be alive because it's going to be an even better year than 2010. I've been working on a mental bucket list and here are ten things off that list that I must do in 2011. My list is actually a lot longer though.

1. Learn how to swim, so I can learn to scuba dive.
2. Take a road trip out west {Utah, Montana, Colorado, New Mexico}
3. Meet MO :)
4. Attend The White House Project's Annual Convention, Passion 2011 in Forth Worth, SXSW?, Essence Music Festival, HBS Africa Business Conference, and a food festival of some sort.
5. Write more short stories.
6. Write more short stories.
7. Give to a different charity every month {I already gave to Partners in Health for January; you should give to them too and support the work they do}.
8. Be a better friend, sister, daughter, grandchild, student, cousin, and aunty {even though my nephew is a sometimes monster, lol}.
9. Invest in a lot more items that have resale value.
10. Read more books. I find reading makes me a better writer and I live to write amongst other things.

Bonus: Cook more than I did in 2010 and make sure there's some good red wine on hand.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! A lot of your list is on mine too, esp read more, invest more, and definitely visit a food festival!

    ReplyDelete