Sunday, March 1, 2009

In This Season


I have been blogging for almost a year now even though my profile shows that I have been on Blogger since February of 2008. Long before I became familiar with blogs, I would periodically write short articles, little nuggets of encouragement I called them, and send them to a list of friends via email. At the time, I always wished there were some means I could use, a personal website of some sort to send out these pieces I often poured my heart into writing. Mostly, I wrote about my faith. I talked about my relationship and experiences with God, something I realize I've never done since the concept of blogging became an answer to my prayer for a a medium of some sort to share my writing.

It's almost surreal, but 2009 is almost fast becoming all but a blur. I like to see the glass as half full but I realize that the year is almost ending, just as quickly as it began. It's already the first day in the month of March. For a while now, I have been on a spiritual journey, a journey back to where it all began, the heart of God. Our world is changing so fast and with the changes, a measure of uncertainty has gripped the hearts of many. Last night, I was at the airport and as I circled around the deck trying to find parking, I thought about my light affliction and was tempted to complain. Then I was reminded about the mother who was been evicted as I looked for a parking spot. The children somewhere in this great nation of ours who would go to bed hungry, veterans and retirees who have served this great nation and are now in dire straits, their hopes for a future dashed because of the greedy ambition of a few.

Then I realized that I had so much to be thankful for. I am always reminded that hope springs eternal and that if we only wait and trust God, life is never as bad as we sometimes imagine it. I know for some people, there is never that light at the end of the tunnel. For there are some who struggle all their lives and go without a reward. Some people are never going to have it good in life jsut ask the Walker family from the sitcom, "Good Times." It doesn't matter how many charities there are to support them. Some people will always have a so called hellish experience for reasons we may never understand.

Nonetheless, in the midst of these trying economic times I am reminded that God is not bound by the limitations we face. He is God and will do just what he wants to do. As I considered these things, I perused You Tube looking for a song and came upon a clip from the Pastor of Greater Saint Stephens Full Gospel Baptist Church, Bishop Paul S. Morton. Paul Morton pastored one of the largest congregations in New Orleans, Louisiana until the flood waters of Hurricane Katrina dealt the Big Easy a blow. Despite losing almost all he owned including the church builidng, he has pulled through remarkably. As I watched, he sang this song that had just one line, "God whatever you're doing in this season, please don't do it without me." I believe that inspite of it all, God is moving and I pray that I be a part of what God plans to do in this season. Times may be hard and the future uncertain, but God still moves stones!

No comments:

Post a Comment