Monday, November 3, 2008

What If?


What if Senator Barack Obama wins the Presidential Election? What if he gets the majority of the general votes? What if he wins all the battleground state? What if on January 20th he is inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America. What if he brings change to the United States? What if the economy rebounds and America gains her respect in the world once again? What if a few years from now I am in Illinois? What if I decide to visit the Barack Obama Presidential Library? What if I read there about a young man born to an immigrant father from Kenya and a young unwed mother from Kansas? What if it isn't a what if? What if this really did happen? What if we stopped asking if we were ready for a black President? What if we just embraced the idea of a man who wants to be President because he has a fresh outlook on things? What if my campaigning was not in vain? What if I didn't break security for a five minute conversation with Barack Obama in vain? What if Joseph Biden, my favorite Senator becomes my Vice-President? What if Michelle Obama has a chance to add her personal flair to the White House? What if Sasha and Malia run the halls in the White House on a Sunday afternoon? What if Barack gets to sit behind the table of the Oval Office. What if Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. did not die in vain? What if? Regardless of what happens today, I will never forget November 4, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment